Wages and vacation entitlement increases for members at Waste Connections
December 20, 2022 at 12:10pm
Waste Connections in Blenheim ratified a four-year agreement on December 14, 2022 with wage increase of $5.00 to $9.16 over the term of the agreement and lead hands will receive a $3.00/hr increase.
Other improvements include:
- The tool allowance will increase from $1000 to $2000 annually.
- Vacation entitlement increased to:
- 3 weeks after 12 months at 6%
- 4 weeks after 10 years from 11 years
- 5 weeks after 15 years from 18 years and
- NEW – 6 weeks after 20 years at 12%
- Implementation of Tuesday to Saturday shift to alleviate mandating overtime.
Union negotiating committee: Brian Speelman and Brian Walker. Union Representative: Fred Teeple.
Did you know? You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter?
Have you moved? Update your address with us.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.