Metro Lasalle ratifies increases to wages and sick days
April 26, 2022 at 2:54pm
The members in Sudbury at Metro Lasalle ratified four-year agreement on April 19, 2022.
Wage improvements are as follows: Full-time wages will increase $2.00 over 4 years and Part-time will increase up to minimum wage plus $1.90. There will be lump sum payments of $850 to those at Full-time end rate and for Part-time end rate a $400 lump sum payment.
Other language improvements include:
- Vision care increased to $250,
- Orthotics increased to $400,
- Sick time increased to 48 hours for Full and 16 hours for Part-time by year two of the agreement, with payouts for unused time,
- Better language ensuring dignity and respect in the workplace,
- Integration of 4 x 10 hour shifts for Full-time,
- Reclassification of Part-time workers who are working Full-time hours.
Union negotiating committee: Joey Cristo, Dan Jodouin and Jordan Reid. Union Rep: Richard Eberhardt.
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Want to find out more about joining UFCW Local 175? See some of the benefits of voting Union Yes!